Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Individuals with a Different Mentality

I have spent some time downloading close to a terabyte of mp3 music, new age, from the Usenet portion of the Internet. I watch what others post, obviously, and interpret the “general rules for posting,” uploading, for when I plan on “sharing” my collection. I have found, during this time, that there are artists and titles I have in my collection that were not posted, and feel confident that I will not post duplicates.

Since I am sensitive to the political side of people and their relationships accordingly, I still find myself stumble, face first, into being irritated by some, who either think or feel, they are human-kind’s savior to perfection. Mind you, I couldn’t care less if they preach all they want into how the others are terrible and need fixing. I draw the line at when they actually use any kind of power to accomplish their goal.

This brings me to the title of this installment. There are two kinds of people, those that view others as goofs and need to be perfected, and those that don’t care if they are not perfect and what to be left alone. I am in the second group of people. I’ll go even further to state that I will go out of my way to let others be the same. I cannot fathom the desire of the other kind to actually busy them selves into planning governmental policies to carry out their goal to perfect society into their sense of divine social behavior.

They may not know it, but some actually do, that they actually sit in God’s chair and order human behavior according to how they understand how the others ought to be. They will deny it, but they view themselves as being perfect, it is the other kind that needs fixing. You may even say to yourself, at this point, I am being like them wanting to fix them. Not entirely true, although I do understand where that thought comes from. What is different is that all I want is to be left alone in my imperfection. What I want fixing is the apparatus, the kind of government our found fathers built, which they have contaminated, to infect me, and the like, with their brand of perfection.

When discussing this subject with those of the other kind they get offended to the suggestion that those alike and I want to be left alone. I have been told that I must think I am better than they are because their rhetoric in response communicates that “we” are in this together, and that this is a democracy not islands. Of course they haven’t the foggiest idea that this country isn’t a democracy, but instead a republic. Hence, there are arenas, or areas, of this free society that are off limits, and they are numerated in the Constitution.

No comments: